This document explains how GoParkit Technologies Limited and GoParkit Technologies Inc. processes information about you which is personally identifiable (“Your Information”) when you use the GoParkit apps or website (“GoParkit).
GoParkit Technologies Limited is registered as a data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act. GoParkit collects and processes personal data as legislated in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. The Company is fully committed to transparency and ensuring the privacy and security of your data. If you have any queries about how we use Your Information or you have a complaint please contact us.
1. How we collect and use Your Information
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Drivers / Driver Account Holders:
- your name, contact details, other registration or profile information and reporting information about your use of GoParkit;
- your payment processing details required in order to take payments and account top-ups, noting that card details are stored securely by our payments processing provider and details including card numbers are not accessed by GoParkit directly;
- your parking events including location data;
- device ID for your mobile device in order to support the installation and update process;
- where you choose to use GoParkit’s social networking features, such information that you post or share about you;
Parking providers or operators:
- your organisation name, administrator and other user details, including contact information, other registration or profile information and reporting information about your use of GoParkit;
- your parking facilities including location, boundaries, price and other rules and regulations;
- device ID for mobile device in order to support the installation and update process;
- where you choose to use GoParkit’s social networking features, such information that you post or about you;
- cookies information as set out in section 5;
- other data that you choose to provide to us;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- any other information provided by you pursuant to your use of GoParkit.
We use Your Information in the following ways:
- to provide the GoParkit services to you including processing any parking related payments;
- your contact details may be used to notify you about changes to GoParkit or respond to any communication or request from you;
- unless you have told us you do not want to receive marketing communications, to provide you with marketing communications about our products and services and those of third parties which we think may be of interest to you. This may also include marketing communications on social media platforms (including Facebook) used by you. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing communications by emailing us at support@GoParkit.com or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing email we send you;
- to monitor the use of GoParkit;
- to investigate any complaints or potential breaches of the service;
2. Information which we may share with third parties
We share information on your parking events to those parking providers in whose areas and facilities you park. This information may be used for parking management, planning, and enforcement purposes.
Payment processing including credit card and debit card details are securely stored by our payment processing providers (currently Realex Payments, Elavon US, and Elavon Ireland) and are used for processing payments to GoParkit.
We only disclose Your Information as follows:
- to parking providers in whose areas and facilities you park. This information may be used for parking management, planning, and enforcement purposes
- to any suppliers and subcontractors (including payment providers) in order to fulfil the service;
- if we (or a part of our business) are acquired by a third party, Your Information may be one of the transferred assets;
- to any relevant public authority or law enforcement agency, including for example where we suspect you have committed a criminal offence or we suspect fraud where required by law, regulation or legal proceedings;
- in order to enforce or apply Terms and Conditions, Customer Agreement, or any other agreement to which you and we are a party, as applicable;
- unless you have told us that you do not want to receive marketing communications, to third parties engaged by us to provide you with marketing communications about our products and services. This may also include social media platforms where we provide limited information about our users (e.g. their email address) to the social media platform so they can provide to us an anonymous demographic profile of our users with profiles on that platform to inform our targeted marketing activities on that platform; and
- to third parties from whom you have chosen to receive marketing information.
You should take care when using any GoParkit social networking features since the information you choose to make available can be seen by other users in the selected group. We do not monitor the use of such features in the normal course of business although we reserve the right to do so at our discretion.
3. How do we protect Your Information?
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. We gather and transfer payments information using secure webpages and secure transmission using SSL Secure Sockets Layer.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect Your Information, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to the Service; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received Your Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
GoParkit is registered with the Trustwave TrustKeeper® PCI Manager program. Our payment processors are PCI DSS1 certified.
4. Access to Your Information and corrections
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of such information, please contact us. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate by contacting us.
5. What are your rights?
You have several rights under data protection law in relation to how we use your personal information. You have the right, free of charge, to:
- request a copy of the personal information we hold about you
- rectify any inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- erase personal information we hold about you
- restriction of processing of your personal information
- object to our use of your personal information for our legitimate interests
- receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and to have that data transmitted to another data controller.
These rights are in some circumstances limited by data protection legislation. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us using the contact details set out above. We will endeavour to respond to your request
If you have concerns regarding your data then you have the ability to make reasonable requests to see this information, rectify it or have it deleted/anonymised. Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns you might have in this area.
6. Cookies and other data storage devices
We do use certain cookies as part of our GoParkit services. The cookies used are session cookies for the purpose of enabling you to use the service (for example to enable you to complete a registration or access information). You can choose to disable cookies (through your browser settings) although you should be aware that this may prevent you from being able to use all parts of GoParkit. The E-Privacy Directive asks businesses to make their online customers aware of cookie usage, so that customers may opt out if they prefer. For more information on cookies and how to disable them see www.allaboutcookies.com.
7. Applicable law
This policy will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland but also we seek to operate in accordance with local laws in those jurisdictions where GoParkit services are operational.